Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lucky Number 13!

"I didn't know you guys were looking!!?" That's the phrase we heard from almost all of our friends and family as we announced to each of them that we were in the process of buying a house - and the truth is, neither did we!

It all started when we began the search for a new rental home. We quickly realized that the cost of renting had become astronomical and was no longer going to fit in our budget. What were we going to do? Where were we going to live!?

As fear of living on the streets began to set in - I happended to see a small ad in the corner of a webpage -it was a little blue bungalow and the address read "13 Woodville Avenue", but sadly it was for sale and not for rent.

Now, most of you probably don't know, but 13 seems to be a reoccuring number for us. Maybe you could say we think it's our lucky number - Josh was born on August 13th and I on May 13th - the number 13 randomly appears in different places and situations for us (wierd...I know). So, with that said, you can understand why I clicked on the ad - the house number pulled me in and I just couldn't help myself!

We weren't looking to buy a house. In fact, this was the first house for sale that I had even glanced at since the "search" began. Buuuut I liked it. I really liked it. All I had to do now was make my case to Josh as to why renting was no longer an option, but buying a house was! That turned out not to be as hard as I thought it would - it had been much harder in the past when we had that same argument discussion.

We were able to see the house that afternoon and we just feel in love. What wasn't there to love about this charming cottage? It was absolutely adorable and totally renovated....everything in the house was brand new - right down to the walls. After mulling over our pros and cons - we were certain this was the house for us. And less than a week later, we put an offer in! We couldn't let this house pass us by.

While the process of buying a house can be rather grueling, it seemed to go by fairly quickly. It's hard to believe that we're home owners!! And now we're so excited to share a new chapter in our life with you all. We plan to blog about our projects and other exciting life adventures - big and small. So keep checking in to see what's happing in our little blue bungalow! Here are a few pictures of our new home....(better ones will follow soon! And yes - it needs a little landscaping! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment